The castle in Broniszów dates back to late medieval centuries. The first owner was to be Bronislaus from Bytom Odrzański. The best time for the castle and the village happened under the rule of von Kottwitz family, from second half of 16th till the end of 17th Cent. At the beginning of 17th Cent. The castle was extended into Renaissance, three store building, built at L letter plan. Two main reception rooms, decorated with plasters, as well as the portal, are the masterpieces of Renaissance and are duly reconstructed nowadays. Baroque period left the new order of windows and the head of the tower. As far as the external decoration is concerned, it is the Renaissance sgraffiti which have been recently reconstructed, dated 1606, not the baroque layers introduced at the end of 17th Cent.
The castle was extended in the first half of 19th Cent., with romantic, neo-gothic curtain walls and a defensive tower, which resulted to have an inner yard. A moat and a pond underline this defensive, romantic character. The second half of 20th Cent. brought degradation to the castle. Renovation of the building started immediately when the current owner bought it in 2010 and lasts until present time.
Let us invite you for a virtual walk.